Friday, January 15, 2010

Christmas Eve Celebrations

Christmas Eve is always a big deal for my family especially since we are German. We had a great big meal that my mom prepared. We had so delicious ham, potatoes, and lot's of other yummy stuff. Here is the table beautifully decorated.

Payton making noise like usual.

Mat keeping Payton entertained by pulling her all around on the tile. She just love it.

My cute mom that didn't want me to take her picture. She sure did make a great meal though.

My second oldest brother Craig with his video camera.

Mat and I Chillin'.


So after we ate we played the pipe chimes. We play them every year. The first song or two is always rough for us (we don't get much practice just once a year), but by the end we are not too bad. My mom has the Christmas songs blown up on big posters and she points to the numbers and we strike our appropriate chime with large nails when it is our turn. We all usually gripe out doing the chimes every year, but I think we all really like it.

Here is Mat looking very excited with his chime. After songs and chimes. We usually read a new Christmas story. This year my mom did not get one so I suggested that we make up a story. So how it worked was everyone would say a few words then the person next to them would have to start where they finished off and keep going around the circle several times. I don't remember what our story was about, but obviously it was pretty lame. We had fun doing it though. Then we read the nativity story of Baby Jesus which is the real reason why we celebrate Christmas. I will be forever grateful for the birth of my Savior Jesus Christ.

Here is everyone that was able to make it this year. Some of the family was not able to make it because they are on missions and some at in-laws.

My cute grandma and the headphones that helped her to hear better. Look at that face. We had a great Christmas Eve.



No comments: