Wednesday, October 13, 2010

90th Celebration

My Grandma turned 90 years old on October 1st and we had a surprise birthday party for her on October 9th. My Grandma (my Mom's Mom) is an amazing example. I have learned much from my Grandma. I could write many great things and memories, but because of lack of time I am only going to write a few and then share a few pictures from her 90th surprise party. My Grandma escaped with her 4 young children (including my mother) from Germany and came to America by herself in the late 1950's. It's a great story, but I am not going to share it now. My Grandma is such a hard worker and always has been. My Grandma still works in her Garden which is no easy task if you have been to her house and can still even drive a car. My Grandma is one of the most giving people that I know and is always sacrificing for others. Every time I go and visit my Grandma she always has to give me something. My grandma has basically nothing, but you won't leave her house empty-handed. I hope that I can be more like her in this regard. 

My Grandma was surprised to see everyone. The surprise party was at one of my Aunt's. My Grandma thought she was going to see a play at Hale Centre Theatre.

My Grandma excited to see family and some close friends.

Some of the gang just waiting to eat some fantastic food.

The spread of fantastic food. I brought Brownie Trifle.

Madison and Me with Madison's cute pink headband that my Grandma made for her.

Madison spending some time at the party with her Dad.

After we ate we watched a slide show of pictures of my Grandma. My oldest brother Ryan put it all together after we gave him pictures that we wanted included in it. It was a ton of work for him and he did such a great job. It was fun to see the pictures of my Grandma from her younger days and then more recent ones that included good memories we shared together with her.

Watching the slide show.

Madison sucking on her hand while watching the slide show.

Mat holding Madison and my brother Ryan holding Emma. Before we know it the two cousins will be playing together.

The sunset that Mat tried to capture by photo from my Aunt's balcony.

My Grandma with her four children. My Mom (youngest), Aunt Heidy (third), Grandma, Uncle Siegy (oldest), and Aunt Nia (second).

Another one of my Grandma with her children.

Our little family with Grandma.

No comments: