Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Festivities of Fun

On Friday night we were babysitting and we took some of our nieces and nephews to a trunk-or-treat. Sydney was a cute little witch, Will was a skeleton, and Drew (not pictured) had a little ghost bib.

My brother and his wife came to the trunk-or-treat as well. They wanted to take Payton our niece. She was a little fairy. She is getting so big.


Here are the kids in the trunk before it started. They are sure adorable.


Trying to stay warm in the back of the car with Drew, Syd, and Will while Mat was still passing out candy to other kids at the trunk-or-treat.


Last Monday night at Family Night we carved pumpkins. Mat and I look pretty intense and serious about carving our pumpkins.


Here's some of the fam carving away.


Cute baby Drew sleeping through most of the pumpkin carving.

Will was having a good old time dancing around while I was taking pictures of him. After each picture I took he had to come and see it. It was really cute.


The kids jumping in a big pile of leaves.


Aidan and his pumpkin.


The kids pumpkins. I think this is a great idea because it is less messy and easier for kids because they don't have to carve anything.


Here are just some of the pumpkins that the family carved that night.
Cinderella (I think)

Captain Jack Sparrow

Yoda
Cat

This is my pumpkin. I always do very simple because I don't like to spend forever carving pumpkins. I just stuck with the traditional jack-o-lantern look. It works for me.


Mat spent a lot longer on his pumpkin and he did a little gremlin. He did a great job.


Next Halloween activity we did a couple Saturday's ago was the Fun Fall Family Festival which this year got changed to the Freaky Family Fun Fall Festival. It has too many f's if you ask me, but we had a nice time. We started out with pumpkin carving. Mat and I passed, but it was fun to watch the others carve their pumpkins.

Me just chillin' and snackin' on some yummy food.


Very cute picture of my cousin Mindy and her niece Lilly.


This was an attempt of mine to take pictures of the pumpkins in the dark. The picture kind of turned out cool looking.


Here is another attempt at taking pictures of the beautiful carved pumpkins.


We had a nice time and had lots of good food to eat afterwords. We had fun with all of our Halloween festivities this year.

No comments: