Saturday, October 17, 2009

The break-in...

So last week at work my car got broken into, well kind of. Someone from the IT department noticed someone rummaging through someones car, open the trunk, and then just walk off down the street. They reported the suspicious activity and then they called me to let me know that someone had broken into my car. Well, they actually didn't break in because my car was unlocked. I remember pushing my little clicker to lock the doors that morning, but it was unlocked when I went to check to see if anything was missing. My clicker's batteries were apparently dead and so my car was unlocked which was good because my car was not damaged in anyway. So I checked to see if anything was missing, but nothing was. The almost thief did not want to steal my 3 library books that were in my car, a burnt Secondhand Serenade CD in a compartment, or some scrapbooking paper in my trunk. I am grateful for that. So the moral of the story is: thieves don't like to read because they don't steal your library books.

1 comment:

Chantal said...

actually some of them do as the Tacoma was broken into and my purse was stolen and Harry Potter! (Bob was more upset over the Harry Potter book missing because he was like 5 pages from the end) I guess out thief liked to read!