Saturday, October 17, 2009

Conference Weekend


Conference weekend is always a great treat. We enjoy listen to the words of the latter-day prophet and apostles along with eating lots of good food. Sunday morning before Conference started we had a huge breakfast at my mom's like we do every conference. This time we had egg casserole, hash browns, sausage, egg and bacon wraps, waffles, muffins, OJ, and apple juice. We usually also have caramel rolls, but my mom did not do them this time. Everything was delicious.

Snacks for after the first session and for the second session. I don't even remember everything we had. I always eat way too much.

Another delicious "snack" we enjoyed in between sessions. This is a raspberry, pudding, brownie dessert. I don't know the official name, but I do love it. It has cool whip, chocolate pudding, vanilla pudding, raspberries, and brownie chunks in it.


Cute Ellie and Ben.


Cute Payton.


Mat playing with the kids.

Cute Mat and Michelle


After snacks and before the Sunday afternoon session started Mat and I went to Mat's Dad's home to watch Conference and eat more food. I got the lovely task of carving the turkey. It was a big task, but someone had to do it. We had lots of good food to eat as well. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, zucchini, and some peach cake. I probably gained 7 pounds on Sunday alone. We had a really nice Conference weekend. We felt uplifted and know have a greater desire to do good and to do what is right. We will also be increasing our exercise habits.

No comments: