Saturday, April 4, 2009

Date Night

So for our date nights I decided that I wanted to have a theme. Mat and I switch off planning our date nights and it was my turn this week. So I decided that we are going to do an alphabet theme. So this being the first date night with a theme I started off with the letter A. Everything we did for date night related with the letter A. We had a nice time.


This was some Avocado and Cilantro Chicken that I made for dinner. It was my first time making it and we both really enjoyed it. I found the recipe Online.

3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of basil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 avocado, sliced into thin slices
Few sprigs cilantro
Monterey jack cheese, sliced thin

Combine the olive oil, lime juice and spices. Marinate the chicken breasts at least 20 minutes.

Broil chicken until done, turning once. Remove from oven and top with a few leaves of cilantro, avocado and cheese. Return to oven and broil until cheese melts.

NOTE: Chicken may also be grilled.



Artichoke
Asian fried rice. I got the recipe from my sister. It has peanut butter in it, yummy! I put green onion, eggs, peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic salt, Season All, and of course rice.
For dessert we had Apples dipped in chocolate. I love anything with chocolate.

For one of our Activities we did some Arts and crafts and we became Artisans. We used play dough and took turns sculpting items while they other one guessed. Mat was up first and started making his creation. I kept thinking it was a bra or a bikini, but finally realized it was just sunglasses. I am really slow.




We finished up the night eating some Air-popped popcorn while watching August Rush.

2 comments:

Goldie said...

Hi Michele! My mom gave me your blog, so I put an link on mine for your adoption process...good luck! :)

Goldie said...

Hi Michele, my mom gave me your blog so I put a link on mine for your adoption process...good luck! :)