Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Our trip to Dingo Country...




So CUTE!!!






















Downtown Melbourne is was very nice.














This is my Aunt and Uncles home in Australia. It is big and beautiful. We stayed here while we were in Melbourne.















Puffing Billy is a famous train ride you can go on in Dandenong. We enjoyed the scenic view in our roofless train compartment, not to mention the sunburn that showed up the next day.






















Melbourne, Australia Temple. It is a really small temple, but we enjoyed being able to go there.















The Royal Botanical Garden in Melbourne was so beautiful. The pictures we took of it do not do it justice.















Maybe the Dingo ate your baby...
maybay?














I took this souvenir from the zoo home with me.















We needed more food to feed the Kangaroo's.














We took a weekend excursion and drove the famous "Great Ocean Road." It was a gorgeous drive and had fantastic beaches along the way.
















Mat and I on the beach on the hottest day ever in Melbourne. It was around 118 degrees. Ouch...















We played some tennis in Lorne which is a city along the Great Ocean Road. This was our first time playing on a grass court. We enjoyed it!






"The Chase Begins"










My Uncle wanted to drag me into the water, but I did not want to go.




"The Chase Continues"













"The Dive"











My uncle finally got a hold of my shirt. FYI he is completely air borne.















My Uncle finally got a good hold on me and dragged me into the water with my clothes on.















The Twelve Apostles along Great Ocean Road was absolutely breath-taking.
















This starts our pictures from Sydney, Australia.
We climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge. It was so awesome. If you look really hard you can see people climbing on top of the bridge.
















Mat did some surfing at Manly Beach. Being the great wife that I am I took some pictures of him surfing, well almost. We actually zoomed in and found out this is a picture of some girl surfing not Mat. My bad, I was too far away and could not tell. However, he did get up on his very first try.
















We took a tour of the famous Opera House.















At the Botanical Gardens in Sydney they have Huge fruit bats. You can't tell from the picture how big they actually are, but they were huge and hundreds of them.


Sydney is a beautiful place. We enjoyed our stay there for a couple of days. We also really enjoyed Melbourne as well.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

YAY! You started a blog! The pictures are great and it sure looks like you guys had a great time!