Sunday, May 16, 2010

Back Breaking

So Mat and I this weekend created a garden from scratch. On Friday night we tore up a section of our lawn so that we could create a garden to grow yummy food this summer. We ended up with an area of 16x12. Trying to get up the sod was not fun with just Mat and I, a shovel, and a knife, but it got done. It was a lot of hard work and we are SO glad that we are done.Not really done because there is always maintenance, but at least there is a garden in now.

This is the beginning of what it looked like before the garden was completed..

We are just over half-way through getting the sod up. FYI I was helping, but am not in any pictures because I took them all.

About 8:30ish on Friday night we finally finished getting all the sod up.

Here is Mat trying to till the ground with the "beast".

Here is some lovely black top soil that we put on top of our not so good soil.

Here is the lovely garden after everything was planted. I hope things grow. By the time we got around to planting stuff we were both extremely tired and I just wanted things done. The organization of it did not turn out exactly how I wanted, but at that point I didn't really care. I will just be happy if something grows. We both love fresh veggies. It will be nice to have a bunch over the summer. I am excited!!!!

No comments: