Friday, April 9, 2010

Eggcellent Easter

Easter/Conference weekend was great! We got well fed spiritually along with getting well fed physically. We ate so much food, but it was so delicious. On Saturday we listened/watched (over internet) conference. Conference was great and there were a lot of talks focused on family. Mat went to priesthood session with his Dad and brothers. I hung out with my mom and went shopping. We found bedding for the babies crib, yeah!

Sunday morning we had the usually breakfast at my Mom's. We had lots of yummy food. We had crapes, egg wraps, egg casserole, caramel rolls, and I don't remember what else for breakfast. We had lot's of snacks to munch on too. We had two different kinds of chex mix, rice krispies, brownie trifle, sugar cookies, and some garlic cheese cracker dip. Besides eating we did watch some conference too.The nieces and nephews colored eggs and had an Easter egg hunt too. It was a great day. Then in the evening we went to Mat's mom had some dessert (like we needed it), visited, and played Sorry with two of our Step-Nieces. They were cute. The two girls kept pretending to eat Mat's hands off. The girls thought they were so funny. I don't have any pictures from it though.

Payton's (my second oldest brothers daughter) cheesy smile.
Ben's (My oldest brothers son) cheesy face.
Ellie (My oldest brothers oldest daughter) and Payton being loving cousins.
Me holding sweet little Emma (My oldest brothers youngest child) looked at her fists.
Payton devouring frosting. She wanted nothing to do with the sugar cookie.
The Chitlins coloring Easter eggs.
Ben finding all kinds of Easter treasures.
Ellie trying to find a few Easter eggs herself.
Ellie's mom painting her some Easter colored fingernails.
This is me trying to dry my polish after Ellie (who is 6) painted my fingernails all different colors. I forgot to take it off before work the next day and yes people did notice my colorful fingernails at work the next day.
Mat messing around trying to pick up all three kids.
Where did Mat go?
Playing a little army.
Conference weekend was great. Our birth mother also came and spent some time with us on Sunday too. It was really great. We got to know her better and loved every minute of it. She is such a wonderful person and really funny too!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We are SOOO happy for you guys! Oh my goodness, that is so exciting. We need to call you sometime so we can get together and hear all about it. Congratulations!